Tree work - Felling and Pruning Woodland Management
Stump Removal
Accredited Training Provider
Horse Logging Contractor
Chainsaw Courses
Arboricultural Training Courses




Home Tree Surgery Chainsaw Training 4x4 Training ATV Training First Aid Training Woodland Management Horse Logging Horse Logging Course Course bookings Useful Information

Emergency Call Out for Storm Damage:

01294 833648

We operate a 24h emergency call out service during severe weather conditions.  



Tel: 01294  833648          

Protec Training & Consultancy Ltd.  Craighead Farm, Dalry, Ayrshire. KA24 4LQ

Tel: 01294 833648     ©Protec Training & Consultancy Ltd 2012.

Craighead Horse Logging is a trading name of Protec Training & Consultancy Ltd


Homepage   Tree Surgery   Chainsaw Training   4x4 Training   ATV Training  Horse Logging   Woodland Management   Forestry First Aid Training   Horse Logging Courses Useful Information Course Bookings


Horse Logging

Craighead Farm, Dalry,
Ayrshire KA24 4LQ

British Horse
Working Member

Send us an email

ATV and Quad Bike Courses

The law requires that anyone using an ATV or Quad Bike in the workplace receives adequate training.

We offer a full range of ATV courses certificated by LANTRA Awards and Protec Training.

Every year, people are killed and seriously injured on these machines.  Do not be one of them - get trained and get legal!


Courses are one or 2 days in duration dependant on the number of trainees you have.

You will require to provide an ATV per 2 trainees and an adequate area which has open ground and a range of terrain.  All riders must wear an approved type of helmet (EN/BS motorcycle approval recommended.)

It is important that individuals are trained on the type of machine they will use as there is a wide variety of machines available and they differ greatly in operation and stability.  (Hence we do not provide machines for training.)

Course Details and Booking Form

Be Aware:

Use of ATVs (Quad Bikes) on the public highway or in any public area* requires the bike to be road legal, taxed and insured and the driver to be over 17 and hold a driving licence for a category B (or B1) vehicle.

*A ‘public area’ is any  area to which the public have reasonable access and would include, for example, a supermarket car park or a private road with regula and unrestricted public access.